The number 32 appears frequently in the Submachine series, leading to speculation that it might have some special significance. 23 also appears a fair amount in the games, which also attracts attention as it is the reverse of 32.
In-game appearances of 32/23Edit
- A note left by Murtaugh says, "I'm considering leaving next 32 days."
- The tomb exploration team found 32 chambers of the tomb trap.
- Murtaugh was stated to have explored one third of the Subnet for 32 years.
- There are 32 items in Submachine 4.
- In Dorm 38C there are tallies on the wall that add up to 23.
- The broken portal is identified as "portal prototype 2/32". Another one of the protocols is numbered "1-32".
- The Winter Palace was designed in the year 1832.
- One of the storage units is labeled 32/1.
- Murtaugh leaves a note saying he will return to the shrine in the desert every 32 years.
- The first two digits of the player's cell number, 3218. (This only holds true for the SD version of the game)
- The mentioned 32 Chambers were explored.
- In the stalagmite room, there are 23 stalagmites.